Have you ever felt that pull or draw to a person but couldn’t really figure out why? The answer may be as simple as…
You Are Like-Minded
People who share the same opinions, ideas, interests, hobbies, passions, or side hustles are most often described as being like-minded. Yep… and the more you get to know them you often find you are like-minded in more than one area.
People who are like minded often are:
Wow…Those are some really positive words to describe a relationship!!!
Nowhere in that list did you see words like:
Yes, you got it…those are some really negative words to describe relationships with people who are not like-minded.
I don’t know about you but I personally crave relationships with like-minded people. Having been brought up in a home where there was constant discord, I prefer peace and harmony. Is that always possible?
Everyone is unique and has their own individual likes and dislikes, opinions, and mannerisms. Besides, if everyone were like-minded it would be like the movie “The Stepford Wives”. While being around people who are not like-minded often challenges us to see life through a different lens and have to struggle to be patient, kind, and even tolerant at times. All of that is a lot of work though!
I don’t know about you but for me, life is hard enough as it is…I need:
- Encouragement when I’m down
- Someone cheering me on
- Someone to celebrate my wins
- Someone to see me
- To feel relevant
Like-minded people do all that and more!!!
If you haven’t found your tribe of Like-Minded people, here are some ideas to help!
- Get social. Not scrolling through Facebook, Instagram or TikTok but by joining a group. Search for groups within those platforms that have commonalities with you. I personally have joined many!
- Keto Groups
- LeJune Healthy Living
- Bustling Booth
- French Farmhouse Style
- Bwood Class of 79
- Chabby Chic and Pretty Things
- Chalk Painting Tips and Tricks
- Elegant Decor, Fashion, and Scenery
- Romantic Homes and Gardens
- How to Paint Amazing Furniture
- Angleton High School Friends
- Dream Homes and Gardens
- English Cottages/ Country Gardens & Home Ideas
- Tablescaping- The Art of Dressing A Table
- Start a group. If you can’t find a group that you jive with then start one!
- I Did: A Love Lee Design
- Debbie Egg Did: LaJune Healthy Living
- Sarah Booth Did: Bustling Booth
You will know immediately if you are connected with Like-Minded people because:
- The relationship will be easy, not forced
- You will feel peace; not turmoil
- You will have fun
- You will feel motivated
Seek people you connect with and keep an open mind because you never know where you might find them!!!