I often find it amazing how we frequently don’t want to deal with our issues…
In-fact, there are times it is down right horrible. To know you must change but to resist that change is such a challenge for even the most flexible person. Why is that??? To realize obedience is the only action which can truly bring inner peace or joy why on earth would we choose to be resistant to what God has instructed us to do?
Change takes us to a place which is not always comfortable at first. Think about it
- When reducing caloric intake…hunger
- When reducing spending…decreased material matter
- When exercising…painful muscles
- When changing mindsets…increased emotional challenges
Now…all of the above changes leads us to think of the negative connotations. Why is that? Why do we always tend to focus on the negative aspects rather than focus on the positive? Think about it…wouldn’t it be so much nicer if we choose to think
- When reducing caloric intake…weight loss
- When reducing spending…increased reserve
- When excercising…lean and sleek muscles
- When changing mindsets…open mindedness and positive attitude
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. Philippians 2: 12-13
Dealing with our convictions is necessary for peace and sound mind but
It Aint Always Pretty!
Love Lee ♥