So Today Starts My First Official Week of Retirement…What Now?
In my mind, the word “Retirement” has always had such a negative connotation. It conjured up visions of old people sitting around and doing nothing. And while I am getting older, I will never consider myself old!
So, what will retirement mean for me…Here’s a few things that came to mind!
- Coffee with Richard every morning before he leaves for work
- Having morning Quiet Time with the Lord
- Getting back to my passion…writing posts for “A Love Lee Place”
- Making myself available to spend as much time as possible with my daughter and granddaughter
- Going to football games competitions to watch the band perform
- Lending a hand when needed and spending time with friends
- Being home to greet my husband in the evenings
- Cooking meals again
- Doing laundry
The possibilities are limitless so… I will definitely pace myself so that retirement does not become a full time job!!!
Today, I have already accomplished the first 3 tasks on my list.
The Day is Filled With Possibility…What Now?