The big headlines this morning in the news is for a hard freeze. Temperatures in the 20’s is so atypical for South Texas. It is not uncommon to hear “I can’t stand cold weather” but then in the summer I frequently hear “it’s too hot”. We are sooo like Goldilocks we don’t want it too hot or too cold. Instead, we want it just right!
Our Father is very clear on this matter. He finds it distasteful to be lukewarm. So much so He wants absolutely nothing to do with us…He will just spew us out!!!
So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.Revelation 3:16
So what does lukewarm sound like, look like, or feel like for a Christian?
Here are some questions that might help you determine whether your Christian walk has become lukewarm…
- Do you find yourself worrying?
- Is there sin in your life?
- Do you love the things of the world more than you love God?
- Are you too busy for Jesus?
- What are your priorities?
- Do you use God’s name in vain?
- When is the last time you prayed for someone or something other than yourself or your desires?
- Do you share your faith no matter what others think or say about you?
- Do you seek wealth and recognition over God?
- When is the last time you followed God’s direction or obeyed His word?
Well there you have it…He didn’t call us to be perfect. He called us to be on fire for Him!!!