As we look to start a new year, many people build lofty resolutions only to fail. Remember that you can acheive anything you truly want but don’t wait until conditions are “perfect” as perfection rarely comes. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” ~Theodore Roosevelt~
“Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly.”~Robert Schuller~
Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable. ~Lord Chesterfield~
We are often ineffective and immoblized due to fear and there are two fears which exist in the world.
- Fear of Success: That which will happen if you succeed; the changes success will create; not only for you personally but for those you love and are close too. Will your success change your life style, draw attention to you, or create a change you are not able or willing to deal with.
- Fear of Failure: That which will happen if you fail; the changes failure will cause such as embarrasement, depression, and possibly loss of self esteem or motivation.
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18
“If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” ~Jesus~
Hmmm…puts a whole new spin on perfection doesn’t it
Do What You Can, With What You Have, Where You Are
What a profoud statment! I can not tell you how many times I’ve heard, “I don’t have —” or “My—is too small or not good enough. To that I say HOG WASH!!! God has placed you right where you are…given you what He has seen fit to give you…so get off your pitty pot and embrace what you have with a heart felt since of grattitude and appreciation. You will never have more until you learn to appreciate and care for what He has already given you.
So, while you sit and contemplate what your New Years Resolution will be this year perhaps you should resolve to be grateful for
- Who you are in Christ
- The talents He Has blessed you with
- The possessions He has entrusted to you
- Those whose lives He has surrounded you with
Resolve today to give Him the Glory and Honor He is due rather than complain about what should, could, or would have been…
With Jesus Every day is a NEW BEGINNING so resolve to begin anew and…