Being a morning girl, I am up at the crack of dawn each day. With a fresh cup of steaming hot coffee, I sit in my favorite chair and listen to the soft music playing, my precious birds chirping, and the soft snore of Maggie Mae who is sleeping next to my chair.
This time of day has always been special to me as it carries the hope of new and exciting things to come…A fresh slate…A new beginning…An book waiting to be written.
But, first things first…I grab my laptop and go to Blue Letter Bible online for my morning Bible study. I love this application as it allows me to research, read, and navigate more easily. I love my time with the Lord in the morning! Reading His word keeps me in close relationship with Him!
But [it is] good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works. Psalms 73:28
It is when I draw near to Him, I am better able to recognize His sovereign hand on my life and trust He has everything under control. It is when I draw near to Him, I become keenly aware of His incredible love for me.
As I sit here this Christmas Eve morning surrounded by the comforts of home, I can’t help but reflect on
- Those struggling emotionally with the holiday season
- Those on foreign soil defending my right to be able to sit in the comfort of my home
- Children missing their mommy or daddy because they are from broken homes
- Moms or dads missing their children because of divorce
- Those missing a family member who is no longer living
- The homeless, cold, and hungry