We humans are the most fascinating creatures…We may be going through some really tough times financially, physically, or even emotionally but no one would ever know. Nope, the world is clueless because we are the masters of disguise.
I was reminded of this one day when Richard said, “How ‘Bout A Cup of Coffee” and we headed to the pier to have our afternoon chat. It was windy that day and the waters were a little choppy. I remember thinking to myself…Wow, even though the water is a little rough no one would ever know…
What Lies Beneath
By watching the video below you will understand exactly what I mean!
For the fish in the video, it only takes is a little food to bring them to the surface. You see, they are hungry and under those somewhat calm waters they are scurrying around trying to find that which satisfies their hunger…
We are much the same. We as humans tend to flounder around seeking that which satisfies the emotional hunger in us. To fill the void we buy cars, boats, clothes, shoes, handbags, jewelry, and even enter into unhealthy relationships. That hunger for affection, acceptance or even success can drive us to unhealthy measures in efforts to quiet the turmoil within.
While our physical hunger can be met by the right choices in food, satiety can be obtained for our emotional hunger. In order to recognize what your hungry for, you must…
- Remove those toxic relationships from your daily life. It is so important to clear out those negative influences; the ones that drag you down and keep your life in constant turmoil. The relationships that cloud your view of what’s above the chaos.
- Build healthy relationships. Foster those type relationships that build you up, support you, hold you accountable, and encourage you to be the best you can be. The relationships that keep you from drowning by holding you up and keeping your head above water
- Be the perfect example of the type of person you are seeking to associate yourself with. Like attracts like so if you want
- To be treated with kindness…show kindness
- To be loved…love
- To be shown respect..respect
- To be included…include
I could go on forever but I think you get my drift..We can actually satisfy our hunger by feeding those around us. In doing so we no longer have to feed on the bottom of the lake but instead we actually get to eat the good stuff. We are no longer subjected to the chaos, turmoil, confusion, or unrest…
What Lies Beneath!
If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday. Isaiah 58:10
Thanks for the reminder. Have a blessed day!