When is the last time you said “I Love You”? Did you mean it? I mean did you really mean it? So many people say “I love you” giving no thought to the true meaning of love.
Really, think about it…Do you actions match your words? Love is not a verb…It is a noun. Love is an intense feeling of deep affection and when the intense feeling is present there is:
- Patience even when you want to rip someone’s head off
- Kindness even for the meanest and most undesirable person
- No envious thoughts no matter how bad you want ____ (you fill in the blank)
- No boasting even though you are about to burst with excitement
- No conceit despite how proud you are of ____ (you fill in the blank)
So, the short of it is…
If we say “I Love You” while harboring or expressing any of the following:
- The opposite of patience
- The opposite of kindness
- Ill will
- The opposite of no enviousness (Contentedness)
- Ill will
- The opposite of no boasting (being modest)
- Blow one’s own horn
- The opposite of not conceited
- Full of Hot Air
- Loud mouth
- Stuck up
Do We Really Love?
I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it!