Oh my, company is coming!!!
So the ritual begins…
- You clean the house…Fresh towels in the bathroom, clean linens on the bed, scrub the commodes, spray a few squirts of room freshener and light a candle.
- Then you begin meal preparation…Plan the menu, buy the food, bake a dessert, and pull out your best dishes…
While you want your company to feel at home, comfortable, and be impressed, I ask what about the ones you love and live with; those who are your world? Routinely we should do the very things for our family we typically do for company because after all aren’t they the most important people in your world and don’t you want them to know it?
Here are a few ideas to make your family feel special:
- Put out fresh towels in the bathroom for your children
- Routinely change their linens
- Place a vase of fresh-cut flowers next to their bed with a love note on their pillow
- Burn a candle
- Turn off the TV and turn on some music
- Served a sit down meal on your best dishes
- Bake some cookies
- Put a roast, chicken, or ham in the oven so the house if filled with the aroma of a home cooked meal
Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. 1Peter 4:10
Do for your family what you would do for company…